Knob 1 and 2 DSP Parameter Assignment - Rotary Speaker Effect & Tone

Tbone55
Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

I've set up my rotary speaker effect so that the speed is controlled by Knob 1 but was wondering if Knob 2 can be set up to control the tone the same way as knob 1 was when in the default DSP mode. The tone of the organ changes dramatically after assigning Knob 1 as the rotary speaker speed control and I'd like to be able to add some more highs. Is it possible to do this or is Knob 2 frozen at its default setting?

Thanks.

Any idea why the tone of the organ would change so dramatically vs the original tone before I assigned Knob 1 to control the rotary sound? I didn't have this issue when I did the same thing to the JS Organ tone. The Rock Organ 2 is the tone I'm having the issue with if that makes a difference. 

Thanks for your reply Mark. I think I'm getting confused by how the DSP works. I set up the DSP for the JS Organ with a rotary effect controlled by Knob 1 to slow down and speed up the Leslie effect. I wanted to do the same for Rock Organ 2 but it sounds like what you're telling me is that it already is set up to do this. Please excuse my ignorance as I've been trying to understand the instructions in the manual about DSP but it's got me confused. By me going in and trying to edit the DSP maybe this is why the sound changes. I did change Knob 1 function to 14, DSP Parameter before making the changes in DSP.

Thamks for your help.

Many preset tones have a default DSP effect assigned and adjusted to produce certain timbre.  You'll know this is the case for a tone if you change the DSP effect and the timbre changes.  In the DSP menu, when "Tone" is selected, that is the default DSP effect for that tone.  

As far as knobs, the DSP parameter knob set is designed to work with any DSP effect.  The pair of knobs will control 2 of the most commonly used parameters for each effect.  Other DSP parameters can be adjusted by the onscreen menus.  

If I'm understanding you correctly then, Rock Organ 2 is already preset with the rotary effect to begin with and I didn't have to modify the preset. I should have been able to speed up or slow down the rotary effect already using Knob 1. Is there somewhere that shows the presets already assigned to Knob 1 & 2 for each tone? 

Thanks.

• Solution
15 hours ago, Tbone55 said:

Is there somewhere that shows the presets already assigned to Knob 1 & 2 for each tone?

Overall knob function is determined by the "knob set" selected in the CTRL KNOB menu.   This does not change with tones, however it can change with registrations, depending on how registrations are being used.  

Unfortunately whenever the selected knob set is "DSP parameter", there is no chart showing which specific DSP parameters are adjusted.  

• 10 months later...

Thank you, that helps. I've stored 5 registrations with layers so far. The organs are an octave higher than the other sounds I wish to layer them with. I've downloaded the manual. Where in the manual does it discuss how to shift things an octave down? Last question I promise.