Video Files on Forum ×

Expression Pedal Set Up Help

Tbone55

I purchased a used Moog EP-3 expression pedal to replace the M Audio one I had but it's not controlling the volume like it should. There's no response to the volume when rocking the pedal up and down. The volume is always on and I can only control it using the volume knob on the keyboard.

I went through the same procedure to set it up as I did with my M Audio pedal as shown in the manual on pages 9-10. I hooked M Audio pedal back up and it works fine. Maybe I bought a dud but before I contact the seller I'd like to know if anyone else has encountered a similar issue or maybe I'm missing something. Is there some kind of reset that needs to be done before I hook up the Moog pedal?

Thanks

An update. So the guy that sold me the pedal didn't give me the cord that came with the pedal. A friend of mine picked up the pedal for me be ause he lived near the seller. I tried to use a guitar cable to connect the pedal but I now see that I need a stereo TRS cable. I didnt notice this until I looked at the cable that came with my M Audio pedal. I'm assuming that this how the pedal gets power. I've ordered a new cable as I don't have any that are stereo so this should fix the issue. 

Please comment.

• Like 1