Video Files on Forum ×

MIDI recording of pads

CasioCTK

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 11:26 PM, Brad Saucier said:

I've never tried to convert phrase pads to MIDI files. I'll have a look.  

I don't think you understand the question.  We would like to record a midi pattern "like an arpeggio" to a pad, from an external midi device, but it wont record.  

The OPs original question was how to record pad data to a MIDI recorder track or convert/export pad data as a standard MIDI file.  Pad phrases can be recorded by DAW software.  The MZ will output MIDI data as the pads playback phrases.    

As far as recording MIDI data received by MZX MIDI IN with MZX sequencers, that is not possible.  That is not possible in any keyboard I have used.  Perhaps some other brand may have created a model which can do that, although I'm not aware of one.  

I'm not aware of a way to convert standard MIDI files to a phrase and import that data, although it may be possible.  

12 hours ago, nuno74 said:

I don't think you understand the question.  We would like to record a midi pattern "like an arpeggio" to a pad, from an external midi device, but it wont record.  

Brad understood my question correctly. I want to record existing pad phrase into MIDI file.

12 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

The OPs original question was how to record pad data to a MIDI recorder track or convert/export pad data as a standard MIDI file.  Pad phrases can be recorded by DAW software.  The MZ will output MIDI data as the pads playback phrases.    

Thank you Brad for inspiration, I try to use some midi recorder in computer for recording pad phrases.