Video Files on Forum ×

PX-S6000 Saving Modified Tones ( turning off DSP)

Hello All,

Perhaps I've overlooked a step in the owner's manual, but I was wondering if anyone has saved a Tone in the user banks and then saved modifications to the Tone. As an example, I want to save an organ Tone (Rock Organ) to an empty user bank in 15 under F1. Then I want to go in and modify the amount of distortion or turn off DSP and save those settings. This way when I go to bank 15 and hit F1 the rock organ comes up with the changed I've made.  I was able to save the organ to F1 in user bank 15 and I can make the modifications but anytime I exit out of the newly saved Tone the modified settings default back to the factory settings.

I would like to hear from anyone who has worked with saving modified Tones or do you have to somehow create them from scratch?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Brad - Thanks for the reply.  I followed the instructions on page 87:

- I have the CLICK Organ (U1 79) saved in User BANK 15 under registration F1. Its the only thing saved in 15.

- I modified the Tone to my liking which was going into the FUNCTIONS Button, going into SOUNDS, DSP then Entering DSP and changing it from ON to OFF. Then exit out.

- Scroll to the 02 REGIST SETTING

- Touch the F1 button so the REGIST BANK appears

- Trace the ring to get to destination bank (15 which is a USER BANK) then hit EXIT

- Touch the F2 STORE button

- Select destination - I'm using F1 which is where I have the saved Tone that I am trying to modify

- Touch the right side of the ring which is SAVE

- Then exit out.  

In this case I'm trying to modify the CLICK ORGAN (U1 79). The modification is I am changing the DSP under SOUND in the FUNCTIONS MENU from ON to OFF.  When I exit out of the save process and look in the FUNCTIONS/SOUND/DSP ON/OFF the change appears as off which is what I want. However if I exit out of BANK 15 and/or go to another tone like a U1 001 or if I turn the keyboard off, the DSP under BANK 15 Registration F1 (the modified CLICK ORGAN) is back at the default ON setting - no longer in the OFF setting.  

Maybe there is another way to "skin the cat" so to speak. Ultimately what I want is the CLICK ORGAN Tone without the heavy tremolo or rotary sound. Made I can find deeper in the settings where I can dial that back to an executable level for my needs.  Maybe the DSP as a whole can't be permanently changed but a sub effect can be?  

Yeah - just tried that and again when I come out of save it shows the DSF as OFF but if I go out of it, say to a piano or turn off the board and come back in it defaults to the factory ON.  Does Casio have any tech support I could pay to have them walk me through this - maybe I'm not hitting something right but pretty sure I've followed all manual instructions to the letter.  Perhaps another option would be to try to build something from scratch but seems like a daunting task. Maybe is I write down all the settings and affects for the CLICK ORGAN and load them one by one.  Gonna try one more thing which is to save to another registration like F2 rather than trying to modify the one I already have saved. Let you know what happens.

I just modified the CLICK ORGAN and saved it to a completely new BANK 16 F1 and the same thing - the default DSF/ON imported in.  I guess I need to contact Casio and see if this can even be done. Can't believe I would be the first person to want to modify the factory TONES. This will never work for gigging if I got to try to plow through menus between songs to get the proper set up.  I have to think there has got to be a way to do this.

Got a video made but not exactly sure how to get it to you? Perhaps I'm overlooking it but I don't see a way to attach things.  This might be an indicator I'm not the strongest at computers etc. which could explain some of the challenges with the keyboard.  Do you have an email account I could send it to or does Casio have a method?  I could post it to You Tube then take it down after you view it?

• Brad Saucier changed the title to PX-S6000 Saving Modified Tones ( turning off DSP)

@Craig35
After you've restarted, you're going to F-Bank 15 and selecting the original factory TONE that you placed there.  You're NOT choosing a registration here, you've simply assigned a shortcut to the TONE. Using F-buttons this way will only choose an UNEDITED Tone.

Instead, you should be selecting REGISTRATION Bank and the Reg#1 within that bank to find the edit that you've made. I'll work to get a video up on this explaining this step by step for you as soon as possible.

• Like 1

I actually found it via your description above thanks. I will have to play with it but what I don't understand is how would I save more than 4 (F1 - F4) custom settings?  

I play in a band and we play out.  Many of the factory presets are really good with some slight tweaks.  What I would like to do is - as an example, be able before a show to go to say bank 15 and 16 and have 8 (F1 thru F4 x 2 banks) tailored organ tones and perhaps banks 17 and 18 could be my e-Piano sounds etc. The idea is to have them quickly accessible to minimize the surfing around between songs.  

There must be a storage relationship between the edited tone in Registration F1 that I found and the ability to store in user banks 15 through 30?

Mike saves the day!  I totally missed that you flew past 03 Registration in the menu, going to a user F button set where you assigned a single preset tone to a F button.  

You want performance setups, so that will be registrations (03 Registration).  It has space for 96 registrations (4 x 24 banks).  To change banks, go to 02 "Registration setting" and press bank.  After you selected the bank you want, exit and go to 03 Registration, you'll be able to access the 4 setups there.  Repeat to switch banks for another 4 setups.  

The user F button sets you initially tried to use are probably better suited to other things.  

Sorry I didn't see Brad's comment above - let me try working with that.  I haven't noodled with it but what I think this is shaping up to be is I was trying to save modified tones in the wrong place. Put another way I saved them correctly but was looking for the end result in the wrong location.  Not convinced this is user friendly for a gigging musician but perhaps once I play around with it and set up efficiently I will get the hang of it.  

Unless they exist somewhere I'm thinking I might make some You Tube videos of some of these steps with the Privia PX-S6000.  I've contacted two stores that sell Casio boards and no one had any idea how to do anything beyond basic functions. I of course wouldn't post anything until I'm 100% sure that I'm doing it correctly but there has to be other technically challenged folks out there who, as more and more of these make it into the market, would like to have a visual of moving around the workings of the board.  

Tonight I will start trying to set up various modified tones in the registrations and change the names so I can see/remember what is where.  I don't have that many and I can save the unedited tones I use in user banks 15 - 30 for quick access to them. 

Much appreciated.  Don't want to be a resource drain but seems the more I dig into it the more questions I have.  Last night I thought "well I'll load up banks 15+ with the stock default tones I like and organize them in a way that I can quickly toggle between them."  Now it seems like it doesn't want to save them consecutively. As an example I'm trying to make Bank 15 all "Favorite Organs" but it wouldn't let me save to F3 and F4?  Was able to eventually get them into 16, 17+ etc. but now things are spread out and hard to get into a logical order. Going to play with it today more to see if there is something I'm doing wrong. 

I figured out why the tones weren't saving in the proper banks (or not saving at all).  Just my opinion and maybe more software savvy individuals will figure it out intuitively but I think they should add the following directions to page 100, under step 5 in the topic Assigning a tone to an F button:

After you touch exit 3 times in step 5 you also need to:

- Hit Exit which gives you a SAVE option, hit the right side of the touch ring (People could think its now saved but it not)

- After saving make sure the proper bank is showing as selected in the next screen

- Hit Enter

- Complete will appear of the screen and you should now have the tone in the correct bank and under the correct F# assuming you selected properly through the steps.

If people just follow the instructions on pages 99 and 100 for Assigning a tone to an F button they will exit and hit save thinking they are done and when go to the bank where they thought they were saving to it won't be there.

10 minutes ago, Craig35 said:

Just my opinion and maybe more software savvy individuals will figure it out intuitively but I think they should add the following directions to page 100, under step 5 in the topic Assigning a tone to an F button:

To help clarify for future reference, the instructions are there.  As noted, those 5 steps are to be inserted at step 3 or 4 on page 97.  In other words, the final steps of the previous section should be used after these 5 steps. 

Screenshot_20230204-121410~2.png

Thanks Brad.  Transferred those over into the instructions on 99 so three months from now when I go to do this again my aging brain will see the notes.  Thanks both of you for getting me rolling in the right direction.  From what I learned doing the registration and tone relocation/short cut its made several other things make sense.  Really appreciate the help.

• Like 1