Change Tone via Midi in CT S400

Dear all,

Is it possible to change the tone of the ct-s400 via midi?
I have read of a user on the forum who succeeded on the ct-s300 but gave no details on how he achieved it.
The "MySetup" function is very useful, but not immediate in changing and in a live situation it is very complicated to switch from one tone to the desired one in a short time using the wheel.
For example I am currently on tone 2 : grand piano and would like to switch Tone 63 : Elec.Organ 3.
I tried with Midi tools to send program changes and control changes, but I didn't get any results.
The keyboard is connected to the pc via micro usb and works as a midi controller (I see on/off notes and the various ccs relating to the pedal), but it doesn't seem to react to the midi I send.
Thank you

MIDI input does not have access to the keyboard itself.  This is why it doesn't react.  A separate internal sound module is provided for MIDI in.  It is mainly intended for playback of MIDI files or DAW sequencers.  I recommend storing user registration setups for quick performance changes.  Registration setups can store most keyboard settings.  

Thanks a lot for your kind reply.

Can you give me some advides on "registration setup"?

My scenario is as follows: I'm playing a piano introduction of a piece (2: GrandPiano), in the chorus I want to quickly switch to an organ (63: Electric Organ).
How can I do this using "setups"?

Select any tones or other settings you prefer.  Press the registration button and use the > button to find the store button.  Press store and select the store destination desired (bank and area number).  Follow the prompts.  This will store your setup to a registration bank like 1-1.  Now you can change tones and any other settings to create another registration.  Store your next setup as registration bank 1-2 for example.  Once everything is saved, you're ready for a performance.  Press the registration button anytime you want to recall these banks.  

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Brad, You saved my day!
Sorry for the delay in replying, but I'm a new user and the forum imposes limits on replies and after a few attempts I forgot to reply.
I carefully read the section of the manual dedicated to registrations and it is exactly what I was looking for. The keyboard is really very flexible. I used the Freeze part for the registrations to preserve the current transpose and other settings.
I had to change my mind about this keyboard. Ct-s400, small and compact, but with truly excellent sounds, but above all with a flexibility that makes it an instrument suitable for live performances and not just a keyboard for fun.
Thanks again for your support, wish you good music

• Like 1