Video Files on Forum ×

PX-5S Cutoff frequency control using modulation wheel

Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

I wanted to control cutoff while playing.  I use tone #136 80's syn-str.  I assigned them to Zone 3 and 4, layerd with Piano on Zone 1 and Warm-pad on Zone 2.

Follwing the instruction, I targeted CC74: Cutoff to the wheel on Common setting, enabled it on Zone setting to Zone 3 and 4.  When I play the wheel the LCD shows Cutoff is changing 0-127 but the sound did not change at all.  If I manipulate Tone setting for #136 80's syn-str changing Cutoff parameter manually, the sound changed as I wanted.  However, what I want is to change it while playing dynamically.....  

Exparts please help me...

• Solution

Double check everything.  You missed a step somewhere, and it's difficult to say where.  Maybe a video would help us spot it.  For what it's worth, many factory synth stage settings have cutoff assigned to slider 1 already.  Video tutorial below with a clickable index in the description.  

• Like 1

Hi Btad, 

Thank you very much for the helpful imputs.  I resolved this.  I'm not sure what is the logic built in but by changing Resonance parapameter on Tone setting it start to work.  Specifically, for some reason Resonance parameter in Tone setting was defaulted to 64, and I changed this to zero, then the sound was controlled by the sliders.  Really cool 😉

• Like 1