Video Files on Forum ×

PX-350M: Cannot Select UPPER Tone in SPLIT Mode

CasioJeff
Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

Hi! The PX-350M manual explains how to set-up split mode (e.g., Fingered Bass in left hand / LOWER keys and something else in the right hand / UPPER keys), but the instructions only show how to set the LOWER tone. In other words, anytime I set up SPLIT mode, the UPPER tone is always "POP". My guess is there is a way to change this, but it's not obvious and the user manual (pages E-10 and E-11) omits that key piece of information. Can anyone point me in the right direction re changing the UPPER tone?

Thanks!

Jeff

It is an irritation on many boards that, once you split, they seem  to think you'll only want  to change the LH sound. Sometimes there's a way around it, sometimes there's not. It always seems weird to me especially when they (sensibly) default to some kind of bass sound on the left. Once you have the bass sound, if you want to change something during a song, it will almost never be the bass sound. If you want to make some change for the chorus or bridge, the bass will keep going, and it is almost invariably the right hand sound that you want to change.  As far as I can see, there's no workaround on the 350, it looks like you can't even change the RH sound via MIDI. This was something that was nicely addressed with the touchscreen interface on the PX360/CGP-700/PX560, though.

Thanks Brad. Selecting a tone in advance which then becomes the UPPER tone makes sense, but that's not what was happening--the UPPER always changed to a piano (probably "Grand Piano 1") which I'd assumed was instead a 'Pop Piano' sound. The keyboard is several years old and might be damaged; I only tried this last weekend for the first time so I could play bass since my bassist was ill.

Scott, that's a good point--you're also more likely to switch the *RH* sound for a signature riff and/or a solo. However, in my case, my RH sound is limited to 'Pop Piano' 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Folks, when I am in " split Mode", I have piano on the right side and then synth strings on the left side, i guess this would be called a " layered tone/layer balance" situation, well my 350 will not let me lower the volume on the left side like it says in the manual, volume level group 4-4, any suggestions?, thx in advance, Dean

1 hour ago, DeanTheDude said:

well my 350 will not let me lower the volume on the left side like it says in the manual, volume level group 4-4, any suggestions?,

Welcome to the forums! 

The PX-350 manual shows 4-4 as Metronome Volume rather than lower split tone volume.  Unfortunately I don't see a lower split layer volume control.  Someone else may have other suggestions.  

Brad, I stand corrected , I meant 4-1 section, interestingly , Tech support told me the range of -24 to 0 to +24, i went to split, selected my voice, to function, to volume , to enter, to layer volume...nothing changes. I did factory reset on the board, still nothing changes.