Video Files on Forum ×

Sound problem only on 3 keys in Privia PX-150

Leo axe
Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

My Privia px-150 started to do a noise when playing only the keys: B6, C7 and C7#.  And weirdly only when pushing those keys softly rather than hard.  If I push the keys strongly sound is normal. 

The noise sounds like a radio interference and it sounds both on speakers and on headsets (so not a speaker problem). 

Any suggestions on what could be the problem?

thanks!

• 4 months later...

I've recently bought a 2nd hand px-150, and it had the same problem. I've tried to fix that cleaning every internal part of it with no luck, and I think this is a common problem with the PX series: see here:

And here:

AFAIK, no explanation is available from CASIO (surpriseeee!) so we're on our own and without warranty...

• Solution

Unfortunately the only solution to the issue in that video is replacement of the main board. 

Fortunately non piano sounds are usually unaffected, continuing to perform as they should. 

Most fortunately, the piano will still function perfectly as a USB MIDI controller.  This means virtual instrument software like Pianoteq can be used as the sound source for piano, which many people prefer over the internal piano sound.