Video Files on Forum ×

Casio CZ-1 Hardware Clone!

Chas

For years Casio CZ fans have been calling out for a modern re-issue of the CZ Phase Distortion synthesizer series. Could our prayers be about to be

answered by Behringer? And they should call it a "BZ-1"!!!

CZ-1Behringer.jpg.5100b4ecf4ac95aaf5a8c4d411c377be.jpg

Here's the announcement on the Behringer Facebook page:

CZ-1BehringerFacebook.thumb.png.3b853e894dacabd4c220c9dadb4316af.png

• Like 2

maaannn! I will believe it when I see it! These jokers been talking about and teasing about these $100 and $50 micro mini synths since the 2020 and nothing.. Vapor. With inflation getting out of control and SYNTHFLATION even worse, I doubt it.. But we can all dream..

Considering how much money Uli Behringer has had to spend already countering his other lawsuits, especially from Roland and I think Moog (there is a "Moog Foundation" so he pushed his luck on that one) if Casio decides to join in with another  lawsuit-I don't know if he can afford to keep his huge Chinese factory open for much longer. He claims he is "reverse-engineering" not copying and so far he has gotten away with this lawyer-speak. And he claims he is taking advantage of the original manufacturers not bothering to follow through on what have become classic pieces of hardware. He has a good point there, although the XW-P1 comes close to sounding like a CZ if you know how to manipulate the CZ waveforms that are in it-not exactly a CZ. But Casio has stopped making the XW's too. And the MZ series.

I would buy this if it isn't vaporware, the price is right and if reviews are favorable-but many have complained about Behringer's other clones-the model D, Pro-1 etc. as not quite being as good quality as the originals, so I have resisted the gearlust, and bought a small banged-up Alesis Micron instead which needed quite a bit of restoration but is like having 3 Behringer clones built into one and has a similar "form-factor" with 37 keys in a steel case and I can use it as a midi DIN out controller.  Doesn't have the CZ waveforms in it though.

Edited by Jokeyman123
  • Like 2