Video Files on Forum ×

Privia 3000 versus privia 7000

I can help point out a few technical aspects and post links to tone charts.  Others may want to chime in with their thoughts comparing the two.

PX-S3000 has 500 preset tones.

PX-S7000 has 400 preset tones.  

Since the 3000 has auto accompaniment, over 20 additional tones are in the drum kit bank.  The 7000 does not have auto accompaniment, but it can play some drum patterns with the metronome function.  

The 7000 includes tones designed for specific songs, such as those in the "best hits" tone bank.  You'll find these and other preset tones not included on the 3000. 

In regards to piano tones, the 7000 adds "Aliquot" resonance (also called "duplex scaling") to the acoustic resonator simulation, and it also adds "open string" resonance, for more lifelike piano sound overall.  

Links to 3000 and 7000 built-in music data lists (tone charts) ....

https://www.casio.com/intl/support/electronic-musical-instruments/manual/?model=PX-S7000

https://www.casio.com/intl/support/electronic-musical-instruments/manual/?model=PX-S3000

• Like 1

Also, the keybed is much better. You could also look at the px-s6000. Merriam Pianos/Stew on youtube does lots of good reviews of the new privias

I have an px-s6000, its really nice. (I didn't need a stand, as it lives on my computer desk. Its not very high, especially compared to some monstrous keyboards out there)

It also has 4 speakers and sounds awesome

• Like 1

Thank you for the info. I'll check out the review. The other thing is, because I gig a little bit, I'm worried that the stand on the 7000 is not compact.  Then also I do like to play when I'm lazy doing the accompanying drums and rythms etc with the auto chords. Any thoughts ?