Video Files on Forum ×

Privia px-310 battery replacement

Hello.  I want to replace the lithium battery in my casio privia px-310, but I don't know where the battery is located in the instrument.  Also, how difficult is it to replace the battery once I find it.  I've had the keyboard for at least 15 years, so I'm sure the battery is dead!  Thanks!

The battery might not be dead.  They can last much longer than 15 years, especially if the keyboard is plugged into AC power occasionally.  The battery is used to store user memory settings.  If you find your settings are still in memory without AC power connected, the battery is fine.  If the battery needs replacement, usually it is one which is soldered to the main board, requiring disassembly of the keyboard to reach and replace.  

Thanks Brad!   Yes, it's always been connected to AC power because it doesn't operate on batteries.  I just assumed because the manual said the lithium battery only lasted 5 years that it was way past due for replacement.  I'll have to check out the memory function next time I'm at my daughter's home where the keyboard is located.  Appreciate your help!