Video Files on Forum ×

S350 midi question

Numino

So I've had my S350 for a few years, and I got into making and composing my own orchestrations and stuff. I can export my 6 part multipart tracks into midi files fine on my USB, but when I go to play it, tracks seem to disappear. Does anyone know why this happens? I literally know next to nothing about midi, so I cannot figure out why tracks don't show up in further output after saving it to my USB. Thanks!

Are you saving as MRF format (User Rec) or SMF (MltR SMF)?  SMF is for standard MIDI file format.  How many tracks did you use in your recording?  Track 1 may not convert to MIDI if tracks 2 through 6 are also recorded.  This is due to track 1 being a Casio custom format, where it basically records many different tracks into a single track.  

i may not be understanding this properly, but with my CDP when i save tracks to a USB it moves them to the end of the song bank. so i'll have the songs the keyboard comes with, then the user recordings that are still on the keyboard, any songs i've loaded onto the keyboard from a USB, and then at the very end  i finally have the things i saved onto the USB.

do the tracks show up if you go through the 'media > load > smf'  to load them into the song bank?