Video Files on Forum ×

Casio Cts 500 Update firmware "No file"

Hello everyone, when trying to update the firmware of my Cássio CTS 500 it shows the message "no file" even though I followed the whole step by step on the manufacturer's website and downloaded the update there, what could be happening? already tried with several storage devices

Confirm the flash drive is not faulty.  Have you successfully used that flash drive with the keyboard before?  

Check the update file itself.  Did it download fully? Does the zip file size match the written on the download link?  Did it unzip correctly? Does the file name accurately match the full name shown in step 1 of the instructions shown here.  

Have you confirmed step 2 is completed correctly?  Make sure the update file in not inside of any folders.  

2 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Confirme se a unidade flash não está com defeito. Você já usou com sucesso essa unidade flash antes?  

Verifique o próprio arquivo de atualização.  O download foi completo? O tamanho do arquivo zip corresponde ao escrito no link de download? Descompactou corretamente? O nome do arquivo corresponde exatamente ao nome completo mostrado na etapa 1 das instruções mostradas  aqui.  

Você confirmou que a etapa 2 foi concluída corretamente? Certifique-se de que o arquivo de atualização não esteja dentro de nenhuma pasta.  

I can guarantee that all the steps were thoroughly completed and that the devices used were already in normal use, even so I formatted them in fat32 to ensure that they were up to standards, as it says on the website from 1gb to 32gb, I really don't know what can be happening

34 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

As instruções no site são precisas. Muitas pessoas já atualizaram com sucesso, inclusive eu. Você pode postar um vídeo do YouTube de tudo que você tentou até agora?  

Here's the video Remembering that I've tested it with other storage devices and I've also downloaded the file from the site several times, still the error continues https://youtu.be/cqpcvvZpQno

On 6/14/2023 at 7:01 PM, Dario venez said:

When I press next the same error happens "No file"

This is not meant to sound insulting but are you sure that the USB Memory stick is pushed in fully?.  I would possibly look for a different Memory stick (different manufacturer) and then re-download the file onto that and give it another try.  I have seen something similar with a TV firmware update where it would only read from certain memory sticks.

5 hours ago, Maddog said:

Isso não é para soar ofensivo, mas você tem certeza de que o pen drive USB está totalmente inserido? Eu possivelmente procuraria um Memory Stick diferente (fabricante diferente) e, em seguida, baixaria novamente o arquivo para ele e tentaria novamente. Eu vi algo semelhante com uma atualização de firmware de TV em que só leria de determinados cartões de memória.

I tested other devices but it didn't work either, believe me I followed all the steps thoroughly, and I can guarantee that there is no procedural error

On 6/14/2023 at 5:54 PM, Brad Saucier said:

Unfortunately I don't see any obvious issues.  Can the keyboard write files to the flash drive successfully, such as registration banks?  

This is the question which needs to be answered in order to move forward.   If the keyboard can write files to a flash drive successfully, it should be able to read files as well.  If not, there may be a hardware fault which needs servicing.  

19 hours ago, Dario venez said:

I tested other devices but it didn't work either, believe me I followed all the steps thoroughly, and I can guarantee that there is no procedural error

Strange, the only other thing I can think of is if you are not ejecting the usb stick from the computer and may be removing it whilst it is still writing the file and possibly corrupting the file or even not completing the write process; only remove the stick after ejecting and windows indicating that it is safe to remove it.  Also check to make sure that you are placing the file into the root of the memory stick.  If you have tried all this then as Brad says maybe there is an issue with the port on your Casio keyboard.

• 6 months later...

I have the same situation

I found out that it is my USB problem. My casio keeps saying my usb is not formatted

No matter the problem of FAT32 or exfat.

All my USB is gpt partition. Modern USB is a gpt partition.

I need to format it to mbr partition via rufus so my Casio will recognize it.
It is worked now

Edited by jeffrey123520

• 3 months later...