Video Files on Forum ×

CT-S1 can't be recognise as a midi device.

Mushroomswiss
Go to solution Solved by Mike Martin,

Check that you have the correct cable using the correct USB port on the keyboard.  The "To Host" port on the keyboard is the proper one.  Use a USB Type Micro-B data capable cable to connect this port to your computer.  Some cables are only capable of charging devices, which won't work.  It must be a data cable.  

• 8 months later...

Hey, any solutions to this?
I'm having the same issue. I bought this keyboard and got it today. Plugged into my computer; tried a bunch of different cables, is not detected at all. Doesn't show up in device manager. 

• Solution

The first solution is to make certain that it is a DATA cable. It is extremely common that micro USB cables are for charging only.

Secondly, if there are other USB MIDI devices in your system note that Windows has a USB MIDI device limit.  Each time you plug a USB MIDI Device into a USB port you're using one of available 10 locations. So even if devices are not plugged in, they're still using those slots. Commonly people use up those slots by accident and no additional USB MIDI Devices can be used. This requires that "un-connected USB devices" are removed manually from the Windows device manager. 

• Like 2

Hey, 
So it's been a few days and I've tried practically everything. I ordered a new micro usb cable for data transfer just like you said, still nothing. I reset the USB ports through device manager. Tried all the different ports on my computer. I then tried plugging it into my laptop that runs linux, and still nothing. 

Any help from anyone that has a ct-s1 or a casio would be so greatly appreciated.