Video Files on Forum ×

Casio Privia PX-870 suddenly turned off and can’t get it back on???

I was casually playing my piano and working on some new music, when the piano itself suddenly turned off on me. It refuses to turn back on no matter how many times I unplug/plug it back in and change outlets. I did just recently move it into a new house and I’m really hoping there’s no internal damage to where I can’t see the problem. But I wouldn’t think that’s the case considering it was JUST working in my new house. Maybe it’s the power bank perhaps? I originally got the piano as a gift (brand new), back in Christmas of 2018 and would really love to get opinions on what might be the problem? Thanks!!!

Welcome to the forums.  That's disheartening to hear, but it's probably fixable.  Okay, first confirm the power outlet itself will power other devices without issues.  If it does, the power supply for the piano is the next suspect.  More than likely that will be the issue.  You could simply order a new one and try it.  Or, if you have a multimeter or know someone who does, you could test the DC power output of your current one using a multimeter to confirm the condition of it.  The correct output power is listed on the power supply label.  Hope this helps.  

1 hour ago, Brad Saucier said:

Welcome to the forums.  That's disheartening to hear, but it's probably fixable.  Okay, first confirm the power outlet itself will power other devices without issues.  If it does, the power supply for the piano is the next suspect.  More than likely that will be the issue.  You could simply order a new one and try it.  Or, if you have a multimeter or know someone who does, you could test the DC power output of your current one using a multimeter to confirm the condition of it.  The correct output power is listed on the power supply label.  Hope this helps.  

Awesome!! Thank you so much for the advice, I have discovered something new as well, so when I leave it unattended for a bit and try to start it up again, it’ll turn on but only for like a second, then immediately turn back off. So good news is that I don’t think there is a issue with the piano itself but probably just the ac adapter. Since I don’t have anyone near me who has a similar adapter, I will probably just order a new one and see if that helps. Thank you so much again for the advice your a big help!!! ☺️

• Like 1