Video Files on Forum ×

Is CTS 500 worth buying for a CTX 5000 owner

I already own a CTX 5000. I know that CTS 500 doesn’t have style editing facility. Other than that, how similar or different are other features, especially the tones and preset Beats and Styles?

in short, if I keep my CTX, and buy a CTS also, will it expand the range of sounds like electric pianos, organs, synth, other sounds or are they pretty much similar ? Also the rhythms and styles , are there different types or similar to each other?
many recommendations will be appreciated 

The CT-S500 adds some new "advanced layer tones".  These tones add new layers of sound whenever three or more notes are played.  There are some new samples like the electric grand tone and a category of classic Casio samples from 80s models like VL tone, CZ, and VZ.  I think a couple of new rhythms are in there as well.  Outside of that, the rest will sound familiar from the CTX line. 

• Like 1

That is true Joe.  CT-S500 is more comfortable as a "lap keyboard", compact and lighter weight.  It's easier to carry around and runs on batteries, which the CT-X5000 does not.  It also has the guitar strap pins on the bottom corners if you want to go keytar style with it!  CT-S500 also has the knobs for shaping your sounds in real time as you play.  And then there's the sampling!  Oh my, almost slipped by us, can't forget to mention that!  Also, it has bluetooth audio and MIDI with the included WU-BT10 adapter, for sending audio into the keyboard for listening or sampling, and for MIDI to smart phones or tablets.  Oh, and the S500 makes a better MIDI controller with a specific MIDI controller mode.  Also, the keys on the S500 feel so nice with a textured key surfaces.  I think that's about it for now.... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this valuable advice.

I already own other keyboards like a WK7600, Korg Prolouge,  Yamaha P515,  Yamaha Dx reface. I quite like every Casio I have owned or test driven over the years, ans so wished to purchase the next Casio, but it seems that I may wait for a upgrade on WK series or something like an MZ series upgrade as I need an arranger home keyboard and the Casio seems to be the obvious make to go for albeit, it has to be different enough from my beloved CTX 5000 that does make an excellent arranger board, but I do miss the live knobs for effects and other functions like sound modulation and volume balance control etc