Video Files on Forum ×

How to save Port C changes?

Vini Dias
Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

• Solution

Ideally, the device controlling port C should be sending patch select data and storing any patch setups itself.  If your device is not capable of doing that, a workaround may be possible using the MIDI recorder on the PX-560 to record mixer settings.  The MIDI recorder is the only tool on the PX-560 capable of recording port C mixer settings.   

I would look at Arturia documentation, look for a way to send patch select messages and save them as a preset.  The PX-560 has tone charts in the appendix which lists all of the bank select and program change data needed to select tones.  

3 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Ideally, the device controlling port C should be sending patch select data and storing any patch setups itself.  If your device is not capable of doing that, a workaround may be possible using the MIDI recorder on the PX-560 to record mixer settings.  The MIDI recorder is the only tool on the PX-560 capable of recording port C mixer settings.   

I would look at Arturia documentation, look for a way to send patch select messages and save them as a preset.  The PX-560 has tone charts in the appendix which lists all of the bank select and program change data needed to select tones.  

Thank you for the help Brad Saucier!

I understand and I'm going to test the MIDI recorder for this. the arturia keylab only has a midi output, I don't know if you can save these patches or configure it to change the C port tones on the PX, but I'll take a look at the documentation!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Brad says "The MIDI recorder is the only tool on the PX-560 capable of recording port C mixer settings."

Please tell me how to make this recording.  Am I missing something???

For me, the  modified tones and other parameters always revert to the original ones (even when changing a newly copied track)!!

Whilst changes to any existing MIDI RECORDER file made in the MIXER Port C can be played OK, I am unable to actually save the changes to a media file and back into a new MIDI RECORDER file. 

The only way to save these changes is to record the modified MIDI file into an AUDIO file. 

Surely the main purpose of editing a MIDI recording in the MIXER is so that you can save it somewhere?

Or is my PX560 not working properly ?

Please help.

I tried to save the mixer-modified MIDI RECORDER recording to both .ZMF and .MID files and then load them back into the User area.

I could not see any other way to save the changed Port C MIXER settings.

But the new tone modifications do not get saved in either case.

So my question remains "Surely the main purpose of editing a MIDI recording in the MIXER is so that you can save it somewhere?"

Please outline the necessary steps if I am missing something.

BH

If your firmware is the mose recent version, there will be a function which can store mixer changes made to a MIDI recording.  

1. Open the MIDI recorder and select the recorded song you want to edit mixer settings for.

2. Press menu and open the mixer to make changes.  

3. Hold the "store" button while pressing the MIDI play/stop button to save the changes.  A message "complete" should appear on screen.  

Thanks so much, Brad.  Success!  So easy when you know how! 

Took me just a little while to work out that step 3 had to be done whilst the MIXER screen was still open though.

Turns out that I had installed the latest firmware some time ago but obviously had forgotten - or not realized - the connection between rewriting the MIDI "header" info and the changes to MIXER settings in the notes provided.

A really useful feature, but I wonder why Casio did not include the rewriting of system track settings as well in the update. This would make the accompaniment function so much more flexible and powerful.

Thanks again.

• Like 1