Video Files on Forum ×

Low volume in S300 when connected to headphone

S_JA
Go to solution Solved by S_JA,

Hi,

I'm pretty new to keyboards and musical instruments in general, Monday is my second class. In any case, I've just bought an used S300 and everything works well except for one minor thing. When I connect my headphones, any tone other than the first has a very very low volume. The first tone sounds perfect, just the others that don't. What's even more puzzling is that if I unconnected my headphones, all the tones sound equal.

Is this normal behavior? Anyway to fix it? I can hardly hear anything when I change tones with my headphones on, I've been practicing only with the first default tone.

Thanks in advance.

• Solution
20 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Do you have a different pair of headphones to try as an alternative?  

@Brad Saucier that did it!

First I tested with another pair and it worked, then I noticed that the second pair didn't have the mic 'mark' in the plug (no idea what's that called). So I ended up using a female to male P2 adapter without mic support, and now I can use the same pair as before.

Thank you very much! Since I use these hadphones daily at work I never imagined they could be the culpirt. I'm just glad the jack is not faulty.

edit: I couldn't find an option to mark this as solved

Edited by S_JA
  • Like 1

Regular headphones usually have a TRS plug, which stands for Tip Ring Sleeve. If they also have a mic, then they are often TRRS, with one of the rings being for the mic. Unfortunately, sometimes headphone jacks that are expecting TRS won't work well with TRRS plugs, which have become more common with the proliferation of mobile phones.

You can look up more information about these online using the above as search terms.