Video Files on Forum ×

Run Lyric Creator on PC emulator or recommend a device I can dedicate to the CT-S1000V

None of the devices that I currently own can support the Lyric Creator app. Has anyone figured out a way to use a Windows computer (possibly with an Android emulator like Bluestacks) to run the software or barring that, can someone recommend a cheap smartphone that will definitely run the software that I can devote exclusively to this purpose? 

I am able to run the lyric app on my Galaxy S10 absolutely fine. It's not ancient, but it's not an up to the minute latest device. 

What devices have you tried to use? If they're running no longer supported Android versions, that might be the issue.

I'm surprised that Casio hasn't issued a lyric creator app/ data editor for computers. It was/ is one of my concerns that when the day comes that the S1000V becomes discontinued, who will support the app? Older computer programs/ apps can often still be run on later operating systems or via emulators, but phone apps can only be run on later mobile devices IF the manufacturer still supports it and IF it still gets approved to be placed in an official app store.

We can only hope that a third party computer app is developed that will at least enable users to independently create a lyric file on their computer, and can then load that file to the S1000V as a file via a USB flash drive. That's the only way I can see to do this outside of using the mobile lyric creator app.

You may be able to put a packet sniffer on the output from the mobile device and maybe figure out what is being sent and backward engineer what is being sent to the keyboard but it would be a big NO NO as most companies have stuff written into their terms to try and stop this from happening.  You may end up getting yourself into a lot of trouble if you tried and a made the app publicly available.  Best wait and see if Casio brings out a desktop app.