Video Files on Forum ×

Casio CTX 870IN firmware required

jayprakash

Hi everyone, I am new here. I wanted to know can i update/upgrade/rewrite my ctx 870 in model bios firmware? I am unable to find the files to be loaded in the keyboard. Facing peculiar problem in my keyboard. It gets mistuned from 440 hz(default value) to 415.5, randomly, even after resetting/factory reset. Changed its motherhood in warranty period, but still problem exists. Now the warranty expired, but the problem can't be solved. Maybe flashing the firmware/bios can sort out my issues. By pressing 123 & power button, I can see version is 01.05, dated 19-12-04,  model showing MX 874B. Can anybody help me please? 

If it's the entire keyboard is changing tuning, meaning auto accompaniment as well, then no, the pitch bender wouldn't be the problem.  The bend wheel is not able to change auto accompaniment tuning.  However, it can alter upper and lower tones.  If something in the pitch bender circuit is not functioning normally, tuning can drift.  This is usually simple dust and dirt from not using the pitch bender very often.  Rolling the wheel self cleans the potentiometer, and that almost always fixes any issues with pitch drift.  

2 hours ago, jayprakash said:

I would love to know how pitch bender can change the default values of tune in the settings option? 

Sorry, I misunderstood.  I assumed your original post meant that tuning drifts to 415.5 while the display still shows 440.  The display value should not change without input from menu buttons or a MIDI control source.  Can you identify any of the moments tuning changed?  What were you doing when it happened?  

Hi Brad, 

Sorry for delayed response as I am new to forum and permitted for 2 posts per day. Reason for auto drifting in my keyboard is unknown till date. Even if I started to play rhythm, and do nothing with the keys or button, sitting idle, tune shifts, sometimes to 415.5, sometimes to upper side, randomly. No timing fixed to shift. Even the casio service centre failed to solve. They changed the motherboard, but problem still exists. When I complained them ,they said to provide a video so they can see. But I can't make video as there is no fixed time Or mode when the tune can go out. I doubted whether the problem may be related to power supply. So when checked in standby mode (at jackpin inside motherboard), it was showing 09.85 VDC & in ON condition it was 09.75 VDC. I changed with another adapter and i got reading of 09.95 VDC in standby & 09.10 in ON position. With both adaptors, I faced the same problem of tuning getting out. I don't want to give my keyboard to any person here as this is quite a unique problem and everybody will be doing R&D in my set. Can you suggest me something please? 

Sorry my post went quite long