Video Files on Forum ×

What does "Tune" stands for ?

FlashyEagle8
Go to solution Solved by Mclandy,

With lack of musical glossary knowledge, im quite doubtful for the term "Tune".

At first place, i assume that the Tune is melodical wave of sounds much like a whistle.

On the other hand, within Casio World, im not sure how it is represented, but should be the same way.

Now, im assuming that Tune is somekind of "Transpose" feature, am i corrrect ?

Then, as it doesn't show anywhere in Casio Manual, im clueless in knowing from which segment of the Casio's Function it belonges, coz its under this path

Function>others>Tune/media/contrast/midi/speakers etc

Also, i would like to know how Casio related "Tune" with which category, because it has Tone, Pad, Rythm, Tone, Phrase...but unfortunately, in the Casio Manual it doesn't mention anywhere that term, so im still wandering where that is and with which segment it is hiddenly related...

Can anyone clarify me this term with its functional abilities ?

Edited by FlashyEagle8

• Solution

"Tune" as in "tuning a piano" - that is, making fine adjustments to the pitch of notes on the keyboard.  Most of the time you wouldn't touch this.  But if you are playing with other instruments or an audio file and the notes seem slightly "off", then you can use the Tune adjustments on the keyboard to raise or lower the pitch as needed.  Pages EN-37/38 in the manual.

7 hours ago, Mclandy said:

"Tune" as in "tuning a piano" - that is, making fine adjustments to the pitch of notes on the keyboard.  Most of the time you wouldn't touch this.  But if you are playing with other instruments or an audio file and the notes seem slightly "off", then you can use the Tune adjustments on the keyboard to raise or lower the pitch as needed.  Pages EN-37/38 in the manual.

Oof, if u didnt know that Tune is musically related to the Pitch, there was nowhere to find it, except on the Manual at " to find "to fine tune a Pitch (tuning)" under Mastering Digital Adjustments.

On the other hand, from common sense within Music, my first guess was Transpose which ive also found on Pages EN-34/35, but thats in/de-crease the "Tune" of the OCTAVE, and correctly speaking, "Transposing the Octaves".

The irony here, from the Manual, i was few pages behind your "exact location" but kept jumping over your part, while reading/over-reading the Entire Handbook without any success  over your part ! 

Woow, i learned so much, thanks so much !