Video Files on Forum ×

Issue on recording a song with rhythm on privia psx3000

Helena Marques

Hi, I need samoe help. I'm trying to record a song on the keyboard whit an specific rhythm. However, whenever I attempt to save it on an external drive or shut down the piano, the recorded track lacks the rhythm I've selected. What could be causing this issue? How can I save a track that saves a rhythm correctly not a random one?

The rhythm is world I number 8 and I'm using the intro also.

It sounds like your question is about the MIDI song recorder, the default mode.  There is also an audio recorder.  With the MIDI recorder, track 1 is the "system track".  This track records rhythm performance and stores keyboard settings you want to use for your song.  If everything goes correctly, you should hear your selected rhythm and recorded performance whenever playback is selected.  Are you saying this changes after powering off the piano? 

If you're saving this song to USB, two format options are available.  Which one have you selected?  MRF is a Casio proprietary format for backup purposes.  MID is the standard MIDI file format for using the file elsewhere.  MRF is the only one capable of preserving the original system track data exactly as it was recorded.  Saving with the MID option will attempt to convert the system track to the standard MIDI file format.  If other tracks in the song contain data, the system track may not be processed.