Video Files on Forum ×

Ctk611 no reverb

albo

Hello everyone, I have a casio ctk611 keyboard which I've owned from new.

It's in excellent condition...and still plays well.

The only problem is...my reverb seems to have disappeared.  I don't have mixer on...and I have tried a factory reset ( power off...no batteries ...holding on button for 20 secs). Still no reverb. The cursor highlights the various reverb effects...but there is no reverb. I'm quite happy to believe the reverb circuit has gone faulty with time...but does anyone know if I've possible missed something please?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I was quite happy to believe its become faulty due to age. It has  always  been kept warm and dry...and still looks brand new.  Its no big issue...just irritating the reverb is no longer there. Everything else works perfectly...so is still quite playable.  Luckily...I have a Hammond organ ( which is my main instrument)... and it's still going strong...complete with reverb!! Lol

• 3 weeks later...

Did it ever suffer of battery leak? The corrosive vapours eat through the electronics (particularly in moist environment) and particularly damage LCD. But also copper traces and through-hole contacts of the PCB can go bad. Tiny black spots under the green laquer of a copper trace hint that it may have corroded through and lost conductivity.