Video Files on Forum ×

rear jack connectors

HI! I bought a px-s5000 today.

All ok but I have a doubt about the rear jack connectors. Both, dumping pedal and those of the audio outputs.

When I insert the plug I don't hear the classic click of a jack... the plug inserts and extracts without the classic click. I must say that the contact still works and there are no problems, everything works as it should despite this apparently loose insertion.

The salesman on the phone tells me that all new CASIOs have this behavior.

This is why I ask you if also your piano has this feature or if I should worry. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!

Thanks for the reply! I must say that I tried different plugs, not only the sustain pedal had this behavior, even the jacks that I connected to the external speakers. And I had never felt such an unsafe contact both when inserting and extracting the jacks. But evidently CASIO prefers it that way... thanks again!

7 hours ago, Tom_CH said:

And: My PX-S5000 will arrive tomorrow. Unfortunately, it no longer has an Audio In. 

But it has a great keyboard. 🙂

Hi Tom_CH, I take advantage of the fact that you bought the same model as me and I ask you if with the rear jacks (left+right output and sustain) you have the same impression as me that I described in the thread I attach.
In short, although the contact works correctly, the jacks seem to be only inserted without a constraint and I don't hear that classic click that makes them forcefully positioned.
As a result, extracting the jack requires much less strength to pull out than all the jack connectors I have had the opportunity to try in my life.
Of course I have tried different jacks but this behavior happens with all of them, even with the supplied sustain pedal.
Thank you if you want to give me your feedback!
Best regards from Italy

7 hours ago, Francus said:

Hi Tom_CH, I take advantage of the fact that you bought the same model as me and I ask you if with the rear jacks (left+right output and sustain) you have the same impression as me [...]

Hi Francus

I'd be happy to check the snap-in behaviour of the jacks.

As the PX-S5000 has not yet arrived (expected today), I can only judge the behaviour of the jack sockets with the PX-S1000.

This has a kind of snap-in at the very end. Not quite as pronounced as on other devices. But still clearly noticeable. I have attached a simple video.

As soon as I have it, I'll check it on the PX-S5000 and let you know.

Edited by Tom_CH

Hi Francus

The PX-S5000 has arrived. I have just unpacked it and have not yet put it into operation. But: The behaviour of the jacks is the same as with the PX-S1000. I.e. there is a clear click of the jacks. Completely normal. Watch the video below.

Manufacturers purchase these components. They can sometimes change. I could well imagine that there was once a batch where the snap springs were not so pronounced. However, they are absolutely normal on my two devices.

Hi Tom_CH, thank you very much for the feedback.

You say that for you too the snap effect is not quite as pronounced as on other devices.
So I will try not to think about it anymore and resign myself to the fact that the unit in my possession is not defective but it's a standard behaviour.
Also because I like playing on that keyboard so much that I would hate to send it away for warranty repair :)
Thanks again for everything!

Well, yes and no. 😀

Both of my devices clearly snap into place. I think we can see that from the videos. Shortly before the end, you feel a clear resistance when plugging in, which you have to overcome. Then also a little when pulling out. Even if it's not as strong as with other devices, you can feel and hear the jack click into place.

But I would also be reluctant to send in a device because of something like this. The potential for causing other damage is much greater than living with jacks that don't clamp perfectly.