Video Files on Forum ×

CTRLR Casio XW-Editor v.01.00 for Windows/Mac

Vcombo

voila, editor for XW-P1 and G1, for Windows and Mac/OSX.
The editor covers realtime editing of:

XW solo synth

drawbar organ

hexlayer 'mixer'

Hellas it's yet not possible to synchronise the editor with XW data, so see it as a 'classic' hardware synth (like JD800 ;)) for 'building new sounds' (the day we decrypt Casios quantum-mechanical theory of sysex implementation it will also get 'sync')
--
please carefully read:

the install instructions on the website (don't get confused, XW-Editor is hosted on Roland V-Combo website until it gets a website on its own)

the 'splash screen' or alternatively the [readme] button (in left lower corner)

the 'Quick-Guides' in the 'config' PANEL

https://v-combo.webspace.rocks/casio-xw-editor

Those who cannot access the website: direct download folder (you find a pdf-copy of the website in the folder):

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1GUGbgq9JgFrb-1cUzX597PDitJbnKpJR

Comment

Send

ceXWtss.jpg

Edited by Vcombo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Vcombo changed the title to CTRLR Casio XW-Editor v.01.00 for Windows/Mac

This is bumping me into my Google account-then even though I log in, access is denied by Google-it describes that I need to request access although it does not say who i am requesting access from. I have been using the ctrlr software or awhile, works well and despite having the factory Casio XW editor installed, this looks rather nice, a different approach and several much clearer graphics for editing. quite frankly-I am getting sick and tired of Google making use jump through hoops to access anything they have hi-jacked, but excuse me, that's a rant and I'll shut up now, no reflection on you, just on Google and their monopolizing the Internet.  :taz:

don't blame google, it was my fault -  it's accessible now for public.
btw. I just finished understanding Casios sysex implementation - there will asap be a 'synchronisation' to XW , so that the pots/faders are initliased with the values of actual XW patch

Great job. I will definitely be using this, still alive and active with the XW-definitely worth your effort. Now if only I could do this for the Alesis Fusion-which unfortunately probably impossible-as it never implemented accessible sysex commands-part of why it failed. So Casio did good with the XW as you have just shown, thank you!