Video Files on Forum ×

The IC sound of the CT-X5000 gone after technician repair it!

Carl0056

Hi everyone. I had some issue before that i found my CT-X5000 panel buttons are not working, and i decided to brought it to the local technician. 

After that, my casio became worst, the speaker not working and it turn of automatically. So i open and take a look inside the keyboard and i found that my IC Sound have gone. 

Now i have to assemble the new IC Sound to the board. But the problem is, i don't know what type or series that IC Sound is. Anybody know what type or series of IC Sound that suitable for CT-X5000? 

First of all, I have never seen a Casio keyboard with a removable internal IC for its sounds-aside from external thumb drives, SD cards etc. And secondly, what kind of technician removes a sound chip while repairing a keyboard, and does not remount it? This amounts to either theft or negligence. In either case, this technician should be held liable for stealing a vital component from your Casio, unless I misunderstand what you are saying. I am not sure what the term "IC sound" means. Do you mean a distinct IC part, or are you just not able to play the sounds?  All the Casios I've disassembled have their main IC that has the operating system and factory sounds, epoxied to the mainboard. This could be removed and de-soldered but only by a tech who has the proper SMT soldering/desoldering tools-and you would have to remove the epoxy seal to do that.  I've not disassembled a CTX yet, so I could be wrong about no easily removed IC's. Post a picture if you can.