Video Files on Forum ×

train whistle

What sound? Are you asking for a specific train sound-there are many. Have to be more specific-you mean the sound of a train as it runs on a track? Or do you want the sound of the train horn? Most GM banks of sounds have at least one type of train sound, as a sample-based sound. I don't know about the PX-5s. You might need to look into some kind of sample played through your computer as the PX5s does not load samples, so if it isn't part of the built-in sounds that would be the way to go-many companies also make midi modules that can either sample, or inport samples, which you could connect to the PX5s and play through the PX midi output port connected to that sampler. Or get ahold of one of the older/newer Casios that can import or record samples and save internally, such as the older SK series, or the newer MZ-X500. And a few of the older WK series can import and play samples, you'd have to do some research to see which ones.

• 2 weeks later...

i can't recall any Casios (or any other keys/modules I have) that have that exact sound-but you might be able to find a wav sample, or even better-if you have a "pan flute" type of sound-most Casio have something like that-the key to that sound is the 2 pitches played together in a mid-low octave-I think the interval might be something like C and Eb played together or any 2 notes close to that, you'd have to experiment around a bit to get it just right. I live 50 miles from Scranton PA-yeah, great place for train lovers, they have a running full-size steam train, very cool I've heard it many times, I think this is the sound you want.....notice how the sound is pitch-bent up ever so slightly to get that effect. I have attached my wav sample of what I think you are after.