Video Files on Forum ×

AP-470 won't turn off and sound is gone after 2 minutes

Hello,
I have a brand new AP-470 which I purchased 3 weeks ago. worked perfect and we all love it.

However, a few days ago a problem came up:
1. we are unable to turn off the piano.

2. we have disconnect the power and wait 15+ minutes before turning it back on. if we turn it on before that the lights in the panel light up but no sound comes out.
3. if we wait the time and plug the power back we can turn on the piano, it works for 2-3 minutes and then sound is gone and everything stuck again.

I tried reset the piano per the user manual instructions and no luck, also removed the USB cable etc... nothing works.

Any advise?

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey i have this same problem with my old Ap-250. The piano become freezing all of sudden, but the power lights still on. Only the piano mode selection suddenly turned off and Song/demo turned on by itself. After that the mainboard box below started to make some soft noise. 

I have to turn it off and wait for some minutes for the piano to work. If i dont wait it wont on.

To turn it off i have to unplug the power. If didnt unplug, after 10like minutes it'll be blasting some loud electricity kinda noise from the speaker.

Hope you get some explanation from Casio and please kindly share it here, im looking towards it. Thank you