Video Files on Forum ×

I use the 7000 in local off mode. So the ipad passes the midi data to the piano, among other things you can send saved sysex program change messages to the second sound engine. Unfortunately, the problem now occurs at irregular intervals that the piano stops working for a few seconds. pressing a key produces no sound. It seems to occur more frequently when many notes are played and possibly in conjunction with the sustain pedal. Can anyone reproduce this?

Thanks for the answer:

I mean that pressing a key (note) does not make a sound for at least 5 seconds. My setup is very simple. I use audiobus, midi in "Casio" midi out "Casio". I have reduced all additional midi influences to be sure that no midi data comes through despite the created midi data from Casio. I have been using this setup for years with my Yamaha MODX without any problems. The only hint I got; I was using a midi script program Mozaic Plugin Workshop to save sysex messages. This program crashed immediately after sending the midi data by pressing a registration from the 7000. The developer's comment can be read under history. Version 1.3.15: More robust handling of malformed SysEx messages. Now the app works. If this leads to a malfunction of the Midi Enginge, then this is a serious problem, but as I said, it is difficult to reproduce. 

It sounds like a problem on the software end of things.  It could simply not be handling the MIDI data correctly, perhaps due to high resolution MIDI velocity.  Casio provides an off switch for that because they know some software is still (10+ years later) not compatible.  Go to the MIDI section of the function menu to turn off high resolution output.  

Thanks again for trying to help. That was my first approach to disable high resolution midi, but I still have the problem. 
What I have tried so far:
Filtering sysex messages from midi stream: no success.
Now I changed the usb hub and cables: no success.

After the crash all sounds are cut off, there are no stuck midi notes. Now I can add another observation: The piano does not produce any sound until I release the sustain pedal. Also, I can change the panel registration, but there is still no sound. It takes a few seconds to hear anything again.
To be honest, I can't think of much more that I should change externally or on the software side. It would be extremely important if the problem could be reproduced. It only occurs after a few hours of playing and when a lot of notes are played in combination with the sustain pedal. Any other ideas?
By the way, it is definitely the software. The only question is whether it is in the piano (seems to be unix based, as a mount device message appears on the display when a USB stick is inserted) or from another source.

Thank you!

I actually recorded a midi data stream and noticed a strange midi event. I have corrected this event using a midi script via Mozaic. 

I'm not sure if this is the solution to avoid the problem. I am giving at least a week or two for observation before going public.

Unfortunately, my approach was not a solution. My new approach is to use additional midi devices to narrow down the problem.
Currently I am using a small additional midi keyboard connected directly to the IPAD via Bluetooth (CME WIDI Uhost) and a second midi device (Nano Control 2) connected to the same USB hub as the piano. The midi routing runs via the IPAD to the piano.
If the piano fails, I press a Key on the small midi keyboard (bluetooth) and one button on the device connected via USB. In both cases, the piano responds, but pressing a key on the piano only works again after a few seconds.
The conclusion is that the problem is that the piano does not send midi signals for a few seconds even though you press keys to create notes.  The iPad responds to midi signals, the cables are fine and the software works as it should. Sending a midi file would not be able to reproduce the problem, as the piano reacts to midi signals from outside.
There are now two possibilities: I have a single malfunctioning device (which I doubt) or there is an error in combination with the local off and sending midi data via the keyboard which however only occurs after a few hours of playing (but sometimes twice in a row with only a few minutes interval)
What should we do? 
I have to say that in more than 35 years of using midi equipment I have never had a problem like this.

So I created a registration with KB value 0. It worked for about 3 days, but yesterday the piano stopped sending midi for a few seconds again. Today it happened again. In fact it occurred today with rather slow playing. There is no recognizable pattern. From time to time the device cuts out. It is definitely not an acceptable condition. It should also be mentioned that I have of course reset the piano to factory settings.

Ipad only. I thought so too. On the other hand, I have tried other devices with this configuration with no problems. Could this be some kind of incompatibility between IPAD and the piano? It would be very helpful if there are other people with this configuration to reproduce it.

Here is my hardware setup: I have tried all combinations and always had the mentioned problem (random dropouts about 5 to 10s), sometimes after several hours of playing) from midi out via USB, piano responds from a second keyboard, no interruptions on the software side).

IPAD PRO 2021 M1, IPAD PRO 2022 M2, connected via usb c

2 different USB cables (no specific brand) connected to 

2 USB hubs, Anker Premium 7 in 1, 3XI USB C Hub 9in1 Type C

I can't make out which wireless connection you are referring to, as it seems the piano only works with WU BT 10, which is not suitable for live playing due to high latency (midi and audio).
I could do a test with a PC, but it wouldn't really help as this option is out of the question.