Video Files on Forum ×

CDP-S110 static noise coming from both speakers and headphones, is it normal?

fralau

Hello everyone, today I got my first digital piano, ordered it online, the model is a Casio CDP-S110. Since I don't have any previous experience with keyboards or such I wanted to ask you if this noise coming from my speakers is normal or not, here's a recording I made, from the 2 seconds mark I turn it on: https://voca.ro/1jITJQV8RlDm, I had to turn the gain on my mic all the way up, the mic was close to the speaker.

The noise is barely audible, however when I don't press any keys it's there, low volume or high volume the noise stays the same. On my headphones it gets better and even when I don't play anything it's really hard to spot it. I don't think completely silent speakers is possibile on a digital piano, especially on an entry level keyboard like the CDP-S110, however, is this a "normal noise" if not what kind of noise is it and why is it happening? I already tried some basic troubleshooting (changing port, factory reset, unplugging everything) nothing has changed. Anything I'm missing?

Thanks