Video Files on Forum ×

Seeking Help with a Research Project (LK-S250)

I am a university prof (computer engineering) working with a colleague in the area of Neuro Music Therapy. My colleague has developed an application to help those with neurological challenges (autism and stroke recovery) learn to play piano. (https://www.wdef.com/local-musician-published-for-scientific-breakthrough/). There are now plans to extend what we're doing via a grant application and my task is to find a keyboard that will support both the learning aspects, but also collect information that can be used to judge progress in motor control. In looking over possibilities on the Sweetwater site, I tagged the LK-S250 as a strong possibility. Would someone be interested in providing me with a short MIDI file from the LK-S250 that makes significant use of velocity control?  I don't need much - just enough to pull it apart and see what information is available.

Thanks for your consideration.

Andy

Thanks, Brad -  I was able to download the manual.  I'm looking for actual data I can use to make sure the Python library I'm using to work with the MIDI data can process the information.  Also, I need to get a sense of granularity of the sensor relative to sound (so I can separate ability to press from song's notation).