Video Files on Forum ×

Is there a Casio model that has the function of importing and remixing midi files?

Now that I have just purchased a WK-7600, I discovered that I cannot import .mid files and change mixer settings, etc and save. It looks like the 7600 is just a midi player only, even though the songs it produces are saved in mid format. This also leads to another issue, since I want my 7600 to play everything in 432hz tuning. It appears that imported midi files lock out the tuning function, at least until after the song starts playing.  It appears that none of the mixer settings in Registration Banks will be usable until after the song starts.

MZ-X300 and MZ-X500 are the only recent models capable of loading and editing MIDI files with event level editing.  Unfortunately these are difficult to find at this point.  

PX-560 can load MIDI files.  It offers a header data overwrite function for making mixer changes, but does not have an event editor like the MZ-X series to delete or add individual events.  Program change events in MIDI files would not be be accessible for editing. 

Personally I think DAW software is the easiest way to go.