Video Files on Forum ×

Lk-s450 midi - lesson info

rendoman

Hi all

I just purchased the 450 model, pretty interesting keyboard at first sight. 

I tried loading Midi files, it seems they are not plug and play to use for piano use.  I'm having some trouble choosing the left-right hand tracks, plus it's not possible to select the lesson menu. 

I'm wondering also if exists a song database with ready to use midi, or it's possible to convert normal midi in a lesson type.

Any advice welcome!

Thanks 

Steve

Edited by rendoman

Hi Steve.  Welcome to the forums.  How far have you successfully gone?  Do you have your MIDI files stored as user songs?  Did you go to song mode and select the user song?  Once you're there, the channel button will allow you to select left and right hand tracks that may be present in the MIDI file.  Once that's done the lesson button should work.  If a MIDI files has left and right hand parts on a single track, unfortunately that file wouldn't work well for this.  

Posted (edited)

Hi Brad, thank you for the welcome

I'm trying the Casio app Music Space, it seems easier to manage files (in particular for experiments). I noticed that the app can drive the keyboard in a very nice way, with step lesson and all the functions available. 

I found a couple of problems with donwloaded MIDI files,:

1) some files  have inside multitracks that are not easy to identify and to separate (left right hand).

2) some  files with double tracks (identified left and right for example, I think for piano), have perfect LR but it's not available the step lesson function, nor other choces. I post a couple of pics.

[url=https://postimg.cc/vD2kYGFP][img]https://i.postimg.cc/15yQKzWZ/A1.jpg[/img]

[url=https://postimg.cc/mh62FcFC][img]https://i.postimg.cc/mh62FcFC/A2.jpg[/img]

Edited by rendoman

• 1 month later...

Small update, the feedback from customer care is too generic and not focused on solving the problem. They gave me only generic info, as an answer to specific questions. 

I don't think I will buy anything from this brand in the future if this is the assistance is null. Hope to find a resolution to problem searching files in folder.

34 minutes ago, rendoman said:

I don't think I will buy anything from this brand in the future if this is the assistance is null. Hope to find a resolution to problem searching files in folder.

Searching files in folder?  I'm not sure what you mean.  This topic is about left and right hand assignments for MIDI files.  

Note: This site is a part of Casio support.  We are an independent community that would not exist if Casio was not supportive in our efforts here.  They know we are here and support what we do in order to help users.  

Hi Steve & Brad,   A pretty good summary of how to format your MIDI files for playback is found in another thread  (linked below),  but here's the most important thing:

• Right Hand defaults to Track 3  (assigned as Treble Clef)
  • Left Hand defaults to Track 4  (assigned as Bass Clef)
  • Strip any accompaniment/duplicate/multi-octave notes from those tracks to focus on the basic parts to play along with.

(Some songs may show up correctly in Chordana but plays a different track's part when transferred to the keyboard's memory if you don't use the default tracks.)

I've starting using Cakewalk again recently to edit MIDI files for my kids' LK-S450,  and it can be a steep learning curve...  especially trying to simplify complex songs.  Good luck!

• Like 1