Video Files on Forum ×

Help Needed: Cassio WK-6500/6600 or CTK-6000/6200 Screen Replacement

Hello,

I am seeking some advice regarding a situation with my roommate's Cassio WK-6500 keyboard. The issue we are facing is that the screen has unfortunately cracked and requires replacement.

I would like to reach out to this community for guidance on the following aspects of replacing a cracked screen on the Cassio keyboard:
1. Is it possible to replace the screen on these keyboard models, or is it recommended to seek professional assistance?
2. Where can I find a suitable replacement screen for the Cassio WK-6500 keyboards?
3. What are the steps involved in replacing a cracked screen on these keyboard models?
4. Are there any common challenges or considerations to be aware of during the screen replacement process?
5. Are there any online resources or tutorials that could guide me through the screen replacement procedure?

As I assist my roommate with resolving this issue, any insights, advice, or past experiences you could share regarding cracked screen replacements on these keyboards would be incredibly helpful. I am eager to gather more information on how to address this situation effectively and ensure a successful replacement process.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this post, and I look forward to hearing your valuable input and recommendations on this matter.

Warm regards,

Unfortunately the LCD screen seems to be sold out and no longer available new.  This page is a seller of Casio parts and it shows discontinued, but you can use it as a cross reference for other models using the same LCD.  You may be able to find another used Casio for parts.  

11 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Unfortunately the LCD screen seems to be sold out and no longer available new.  This page is a seller of Casio parts and it shows discontinued, but you can use it as a cross reference for other models using the same LCD.  You may be able to find another used Casio for parts.  

Thank you for this quick reply. Do you know or have any experience with this kind of repair? Is this even possible to do?