Video Files on Forum ×

CT-S1 MIDI output only - no tones, possible?

txdave
Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

I have a pure midi keyboard that I use to play a soft synth (surge xt) running on my laptop

I run the sound output of my latptop to my CT-S1 because the speakers on my laptop aren't up to the task.

This works great BUT, I'd like to also sometimes use my CT-S1 just to run the surge softsynth.  Have the computer render the sound, and play through the CT-S1 speakers.

USB MIDI output to my laptop works fine, audio input to the CT-S1 works fine.

My problem is the CT-S1 always plays its own tones on top of the softsynth output.  Is there a way to disable tone generation on the S1 and just use it as a midi controller?

Yes. Press and hold the "Function" button and press the lowest F# to turn on/off "local control." This will shut off the internal sounds from playing. 

I LOVE using the CT-S1 as a MIDI controller (I use my iPad as a sound source). The key action is terrific (and quiet). I like having the built-in speakers for situations when I don't need lots of volume (practicing, playing with a few friends, etc.). It looks good (available in 3 different colors). It isn't heavy. It is inexpensive.  

• Like 1