Video Files on Forum ×

Sending out audio from my PX-S3100 line out R & L(mono) 1/4 inch jacks to mixer & then to powered speaker

I recently bought a Fender Expo Array powered speaker system and also a passive YAECCC mixer board and I have tried to connect the PX-S3100 using the 1/4 inch Left (mono) output from the keyboard to the 1/4 inch Left (mono) input on the mixer board and then to the Fender speaker system using the 1/4 inch output channel from the mixer board to the Left channel of the Fender speaker. The YAECCC mixer board cannot even find the signal.

What am I doing wrong? Is there an internal switch on the PX-s3100 when sending out audio to the mixer and then to the external speaker.

I already turned the internal keyboard speaker output off, but I am still not receiving any signal from the piano to the mixer board and conversely to the Fender speaker.

Is there anything else I need to know.

Please advise.

Thanks so much. David

I would try connecting directly to the powered speaker first as a troubleshooting step.  The mixer may be the issue.  The PX-S3100 simply works.  There are no settings to turn line outputs on or off.  Keep in mind the main volume knob on the PX will adjust line output volume.  The output jacks on the PX are TS unbalanced type.