Video Files on Forum ×

Casio Sound Modules and Desktop MIDI (DTM) Synths.

Go to solution Solved by silent,

Posted (edited)

Casio happens to have a few desktop midi synths and sound modules. I've listed a few of them in the solution, but I was wondering if there are more I don't know about. Feel free to share what you know about them!

I've been looking for a VZ-10M btw, if you happen to find one up for sale, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks!

Edited by silent

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Hey! Dear visitor!

Please note that a lot of these modules are very rare! (And also I am now counting Rackmount Modules)

While I myself are looking for and listing them as I find them (I should make a post with the ones I do find and edit it as I go.), I am only one person, I can't really do this by myself very well. (please do not try to read this sentence too much)

You know what, this post is the one that gets the list, I don't want to make a separate post just for the stupid list. This will be marked as the solution so it's easy to find.

• GZ-50M GM sound module, rather small.
  • GZ-70S GM MIDI speakers, Japan exclusive
  • GZ-30M smaller GZ-50M and also Japan exclusive.
  • WP-150 PCMCIA midi module, similar to the GZ-50M
  • VZ-10M Uses Casio's wonderful iPD sound source. It's a VZ-1 but as a MIDI module. You can link multiple of these together to create a larger, more complex synth.
  • CSM-1 Casio Sound Module. It was an older one that came out in the 80s. Also, Japan Exclusive AFAIK.
  • CSM-10P a CSM-1, but only for certain instruments, might have been designed to be paired with the CSM-1. It's a piano module.
  • VZ-8M Essentially half a VZ-10M in multiple ways. Could connect to the VZ-10M and VZ-1 synths to give them more functionality.
Edited by silent
Added Module.

• silent changed the title to Casio Sound Modules and Desktop MIDI (DTM) Synths.
3 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

You can edit each post to say "delete" and it will be deleted by one of the admins.  

Now I know! Thanks! (btw, how do you get that high quality image in the tiny size requirements?)

ah, alr.

7 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Resize your image to fit the requirements with a photo editor.  

I will try this again, I was having a hard time getting it smaller even with compression