Video Files on Forum ×

What feature got you over the line?

Jared Beaney

Hi all

I was in a store today and helped with a demo on the PX-5S for a customer in this particular store.

The guy was after a stage piano with a nice acoustic piano tone and rhodes style electric piano - that was pretty much all.

PX-5 of course had no troubles there, but what really made the difference in this case was that he could plug his laptop that he uses for backing tracks into the line input, and assign volume control of the input to one of the knobs.

This meant he could eliminate extra gear (a mixer, extra cabling) for his gigs - perfect!

This got me wondering - what was the one feature (if you can choose only one!) that made you decide "yep - the PX-5S is the new 'board for me!"

:)

• Like 2

Architecture

Look at the whole thing

Bang for the buck = sale (without ever having touched the beast)

If I wanted only one thing, there are many keyboards in my studio that fit the bill.

Get more people playing an instrument.

Encourage young people to get into this instrument; it serves so many purposes so well.

• Like 1

Wow, Jared. This is a tough one.... I would say value but that's not really a feature... Mike's passion and dedication had a lot to do with my decision, but THAT's not really feature either... . I guess I have to think about it this way: What feature would I miss most MOST if it was gone?......so....: The direct-to-USB drive recording. Love it. I keep it running anytime I am noodling or experimenting. If that was gone, I would miss it a lot. 

• Like 1

The built-in phrase looping.  It immediately replaced two of my peripheral MIDI devices and made transport and setup way easier.  I probably wouldn't have purchased the PX-5S without it, although I have since gained a great deal of respect for the rest of it's capabilities - the ones that I've figured out to this point, anyway!

• Like 1