Video Files on Forum ×

Give me a hint for building a tone/stage

maarkr

I'm trying to get the "OWWW" sound added to the polysynth like the intro to the song "Let's Go' by the Cars.  I messed with the LFO but that didn't get me what  I wanted.  I also thought maybe a filter on a hex layer that decreases on aftertouch, but couldn't figure out how to do that.  There are other sounds I'd like to add this feature to if I could figure it out.  Any help?  I also could program this in the XW-P1 if that would be easier to do.  Pls give details as I'm not an experienced sound builder, and it would help others learn sound dev... and since I'm thinking about it, any ideas to get the dubstep bass sounds like in Massive or Reason?  I know they use vowel filters, etc. that aren't in the Casio hardware/software.

I found that one of the Vsynth (#2, I think) tones was pretty close. You might be able to tweak the filter envelope for a more pronounced effect. I've heard you might approximate it using layered square and triangle waves set an octave apart, but I haven't tried it. Technically, you have to do what's called an oscillator synch, which the PX-5S isn't designed to do.