Video Files on Forum ×

Karma for Xwp1 or Privia?

amaverick

I wonder if there is any chance Casio could get Stephen Kay to write the K.A.R.M.A. Software for their Keyboards? The Privia PX5S ,Xw,or G1 would be great for this.

Aww you got me all drooling for that would be truly awesome to see Karma on its own. It also would take incredible lots of time to build.  Casio has released a library to create software for the P1 and G1  and in a way Mike Martin has provided an app for those two plus as what karma does without the phrase conversion creation or edit better yet this app can do stuff what Karma cant and that controlling the solo synth entire oscillators and settings.  

Do you mean Mikes new I-pad app can do random Phrase generations? Man I may have to check it out some more. I've had my Xw almost a year now,and it still surprises  me. I'm still figuring out new stuff it can do. 

Trust me... these synths are no toys!

No sorry  I wrote it wrong did "without" instead of "with out"  XD frankly I don't know any app that does the karma like thing most apps are for midi control and not sending notes like a phrase pattern, hardly phrase generation. I'm searching tho if I find an app good enough I'll post it on this topic. 

It has? Do you mean an SDK? If so, do you have a link?

If you go to the casio.com site select on the download section which data-editor you need agree to the terms. 

Then scroll down there you will find "Source code release" its software covered by a GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL).

So you're practically on your own by it so read carefully what source they provide. From there you can download qt-everywhere ..

files. I have not looked properly into it have not tried Qt however it tickled my interest  :) cheers.

Here the link.

http://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=20

Thanks. Not exactly an SDK - maybe a bit too much for me to work with.

Interesting to see that there has been another firmware release for the XW-P1 and XW-G1: v1.11. Not sure when that happened. "Improved certain operation" is mysteriously intriguing. I wonder what fixes that covers?

Thanks. Not exactly an SDK - maybe a bit too much for me to work with.

Interesting to see that there has been another firmware release for the XW-P1 and XW-G1: v1.11. Not sure when that happened. "Improved certain operation" is mysteriously intriguing. I wonder what fixes that covers?

This is from Mike:

"v1.11 has some "performance improvements". Most importantly MIDI sync has been improved so if you're using multiple XW's together or slaving the XW to another product it works much better."