Video Files on Forum ×

How to convert midi into a lesson

Hi,

I started venturing into converting a midi file into a casio lesson.  I have gotten as far as changing the channels to 3 and 4.  However, I don't know what needs to be done to

1. break a song into phrases. 

2. make the piano wait for a key press.

Would any one point to a reference of how casio consumes a midi file? or what are the minimal requirements in order for the smf converter to convert a midi into a full fledged lesson?

Thanks,

Candy

• 1 month later...

There is also a similar open-source program called Piano Booster.  I'm using that now to give myself and my kids more piano practice against MIDI files.  It's also neat to play the melody lines on karaoke midi files with the computer providing accompaniment for you.

Hello candy.chiu.ad

There is such a program, and it is made specifically for synthesizers Casio (including CDP-200-220)
Called MIDI4CASIO, made by order of the Russian office Casio and licensed it only for Russia, so in English it cannot be found. But she intuitive, and visualised. Just upload it "midi" or "kar" file and place the labels for the phrases are highlighted in active MIDI channels , choose which one you want to disable the on-screen keyboard will be shown party of this channel.

Actually everything is simple and clear. If you can't find the program and it is freely available on the website of the Russian representative office Casio - write to me in PM, I will send it to you.

With best wishes!

UPD.  Forgot to say, it's perfect free!

• 6 years later...
On 1/22/2014 at 6:44 PM, Keysale said:

Hello candy.chiu.ad

There is such a program, and it is made specifically for synthesizers Casio (including CDP-200-220)
Called MIDI4CASIO, made by order of the Russian office Casio and licensed it only for Russia, so in English it cannot be found. But she intuitive, and visualised. Just upload it "midi" or "kar" file and place the labels for the phrases are highlighted in active MIDI channels , choose which one you want to disable the on-screen keyboard will be shown party of this channel.

Actually everything is simple and clear. If you can't find the program and it is freely available on the website of the Russian representative office Casio - write to me in PM, I will send it to you.

With best wishes!

UPD.  Forgot to say, it's perfect free!

Hi!
Thanks for MIDI4CASIO info.

About the language, I've been looking through the program files and found out that it is possible to change MIDI4CASIO language to display it in English.

In the Midi4Casio folder, there is Midi4Casio.ini file, edit it and just change "ru" to "en".

That's it, now you have MIDI4CASIO in English.

Best regards

On 6/20/2020 at 8:07 PM, Jokeyman123 said:

Can you post a link here for this? I play the CDP230r regularly, would like to try this. I've located the Russian Casio website but am not fluent Russian, can't seem to get Google Translate to trnslate the website.

Hi!
Here is MIDI4CASIO from official Casio website:
http://www.casio-europe.com/resource/downloads/emi/Midi4Casio.zip
Best regards

Excellent! Works just as I hoped it would-very similar to Chordana for piano-you can select any part, put it either side of the keyboard, very nice! and it is a Windows program, i can use this with my larger laptop screens. Thanks for posting this....hope others here notice this.