Video Files on Forum ×

Px 5s stereo inputs

Gmul

I am soon to take ownership of a new alesis io dock which I also got for a song (€99!). I intend to maybe run a few cool synth apps and already do so but I output the audio from the headphone jack. The stage settings are simple to understand on this keyboard so I have everything working there. This new iPad interface has stereo outs. Can I connect the output to the inputs of the keyboard (saving on another cable and channel being used for the iPad ? I am trying to do all this in my head as by gig rig is in the band storage right now.!

The 1/4" and 1/8" inputs on the PX5 are controlled by the same External Volume setting and Ext Volume is assignable to any slider or knob.  Either way you do it will work.

Oh well I learned something new! I thought the ext volume on controlled the 1/8" ins.. good to know.  :) 

Yes Gmul - just use a pair if 1/4" cables. 

• Like 1

This has got me wondering something. Is this what the 1/4" inputs are actually for? This seems like very forward thinking. Obviously the 1/8 are there for jammin to MP3 players but the 1/4" .... ?Or are they intended to mix another keyboard tru the px? Either way top marks Casio.

• Like 1

If you had 2 keyboards and only one input on the amp, you could run the second keyboard into the Px-5s and the px-5s into the amp.

And as far as Casio's architecture, it took a minute to get used to the approach, but now it completely makes sense and I like it quite a bit. 

• Like 1