Video Files on Forum ×

How do I create a user tone for use by multiple stage settings

boblarochelle

This question has like been answered already but I could not find it on the forum.

I understand that adjustments to a tone in stage setting are stored with the stage setting.

How do you edit an existing tone but save your edits as a new user tone with a name you specify? For example, I adjust an electric piano tone, save it as a user tone (HeavyMetalPiano or some such) without affecting the stage setting?

I downloaded the tutorial and on page E10 it has editing an existing tone, but I want to create new tones for use in multiple stage settings and leave the factory stuff alone. If I can do this I can draw upon the user tones for a lot of songs without having to take up stage settings for cases where I don't use zone, splits,layers,etc.

Sorry if this is a stupid question

Hi Bob and welcome to the forums.

I recommend watching Mike's videos.  He cover's a lot of great info.  http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/5305-mikes-px-5s-tutorial-videos/

To answer quickly, the tones can be saved in their own user slots in the same manner as stage settings.  You can edit any tone you want anywhere at any time.  Once done editing press write and select tone.  You can choose the save location and name the tone.  Use the cursor buttons and yes/no buttons to do this.  Then the tone will be available in any stage setting.  

To do it in the data editor, open the editor and choose the tone tab for what zone your tone is in then you can edit the name of the tone by clicking on the name in the box (on the blue strip).  Press the save-to-keyboard button (looks like a computer chip on the blue strip).  You can choose the location and save. 

• Like 1