Video Files on Forum ×

Deja Vu

It's strange, ive had my XW-P1 for about a year now, and there are still time's I get that feeling I had when I first got it. Every time I think I reached the limit in some area of the synth, I discover some really cool thing It can do , or some new sound I didn't think it was capable of. An example, I was playing back a sequence in the phrase sequencer, I had a grungy kind of terminator bass line going, I thought what the heck i'll turn on the Arpeggio, and when I did the sequencer was playing with the same hex, both the phrase sequencer, and the Arpeggio. It  was awesome, it transformed my phrase seq into some weird trippy Acid, tecno, dance trance stuff. As I was going through different arp's, preset and user,and phrase sequence's,i was getting really cool result's.  Not every thing worked, but a lot of combination's did. I don't know if other synthesizer's let you create a hybrid combined arp and phrase on the same track, but it sure is cool the way the XW-P1 will let you do that. I think all the extended press the XW's are getting is adding to my deja vu. It seem's, it feel's like casio created three new classic's in the making.  XW-P1, XW-G1, PX-5S. If there was a synthesizer hall of fame, these synth's should be in it. but that is just my opinion.

• Like 2

Thanks Patrick,

That is the experience I have daily with these products.  I still discover things with the XW's all the time.   About 75% percent done a video which shows at least one big thing that I don't believe I've shared before, so hopefully it will inspire some of you as much as it did me. 

• Like 1

Hello Mr Martin, I was looking forward to the next video, but now I can hardly wait. I have learned something from every  tutorial video on xw-p1 that you have done.

Your very first XW-P1 video was the first I ever heard of the XW-P1, That first video was what sold me on the XW-P1.

I also had the same experience with the G1 even had a recording of one of those performance patches I've made that gave such an interesting result truly baffled me since then I'm trying out so much more every kind of soundscape for the XW synth can be literally programmed that I know.