Video Files on Forum ×

Sync problems between stage settings with different drums and arpeggio

Hugh O Kelly

Hi 

I must say that the PS 5s is now working perfectly for me now

with every controller doing something more than useful.(Thank you Brad)

What I have is the drums and arpeggio on three different stage setting( say in 9/1,9/2 and 9/3 with different drums and arpeggio)

The problem I'm having is lets say I'm using a drum machine and go from one pattern to another

The first pattern will play to the end and then the next will come on

Not so with the PS 5s depending on when you  are changing the stage settings

My way around it is to stop the drums and arpeggio while I'm playing live and turn then on a few bars after

Will it take new firmware to get around this ?

Are you saying that you want to keep using a drum pattern while changing stage settings? I think you'll need an external drum machine for that.  :lol:

This suggestion might not be possible depending on the sounds you're using, but if you can set up one stage setting with everything you need for the song, that might solve your problem. For instance, you could use the faders to change the primary sound you're playing while the patterns continue to play.

Otherwise, I doubt Casio would put any effort into changing what you describe. Nothing against them, but I think the idea is each stage setting is meant to be for one song. On other keyboards the similar feature is called a Performance. It may not be possible with the hardware to keep the timing between switched stage settings.

Hugh, drum machines and accomp keyboard's with rhythm sections have a "wait" feature where the pattern won't change until the next beat or measure comes up despite our frantic button presses . The px5 does not have an accompaniment section, but that hasn't stopped many of us from using phrases to approximate that type of system.    It wasn't intended to be used the way we are using it. Phrases simply don't have a "wait" function and probably never will.  You'll need an accomp keyboard for that.   

• Like 1