Video Files on Forum ×

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

Hugh O Kelly

High gain is effecting master EQ.  All zones run thru master EQ.  To do what you want to do, you'll need to rearrange the type of eq that you are using.  Switch from master EQ to the DSP insert effect "EQ".   You'll have to edit the tone in each zone to add eq as the dsp effect.  Of course, you're out of luck if your tone already has a dsp effect on it.  You'll have to reassign knob 4 to the dsp parameter that coincides with high gain. 

Master EQ is the a system wide effect that all PX-5s sounds sum together and run through just before output.   The DSP Equalizer "insert" effect is placed in between the master effects and tone sound generation in a zone.  4 zones will each have dsp EQ.  Each can be independently tweaked.  They all sum together and run into the master eq.    

You'll want to study this flow chart.  http://support.casio.com/pdf/008/Web_PX5S-E-2A.pdf#page=8

Well why didnt you say so?   LOL  

Here's what I get so far....

You wanted to do something EQish with Knob 4 that affected Z2, Z3 and Z4 but not Z1.   Knob 4 is usually high frequency EQ by default but it could have changed.  

Here's what I don't get....

What is K4 actually set to on your PX-5s?  We're you trying to boost or cut highs or something else?  What was the sound issue you were trying to correct? Drums too bright?  Drums too dull?  Other sounds too something ish?  

Well Brad,   (your a star)

If the EQ didn't work on one all would be good.

Since all four channels come from the same stereo output

The present problem I have is I wish to treble the e piano on 2 but keep the drums on 1 sounding inoffensive and sweet

(unlike my x wife)

Perhaps bring out the bass on channel 1

Basically have two EQ's

Hugh

Brad,
The sound is basicaly a piano mix with the e piano dominating and the drums also low in the mix
Z1. dance set 2
Z2. Air 60'EP1    V 127
Z3. LA Piano for edge max Volume 52
Z3. click organ v14   (can only hear it afterwards)

When playing solo the La piano is brought up in volume

Question ;  how do I change the EQ on 2 EP1 without effecting the other mix(give it more edge)

and less important then EQ the drums on 1

For Brad.mp3

Well, you can put EQ on the 60's EP tone since it's dsp effect is set to "through".  It's available in other words.  No dsp is there already. 

Here's how...select z2>press edit>go to tone>effect>dsp edit>change type to equalizer. It's a 3 band eq.  You'll see 3 different gains. You can set all 3 to the same frequency if you want.  Exit out completely and you can do the same for the drum set except it's called common effect after entering tone edit. 

I set all 3 to 8 khz and boosted them 12db. It brings out more sample noise than helps brighten the sound.  You may want to choose another tone.  Or you may try cutting lows.  

Also, I might try editing the drum set itself to bring out more bass.  While in tone edit you can choose the kick drum and alter its volume and timbre using pitch tuning and filter.  In Z1 press edit>go to tone>inst edit>press the keyboard key of the drum kit instrument you want to edit>scroll down to pitch and filter to adjust.  

Exit out completely and save all of this as a new stage setting.