Video Files on Forum ×

I am looking to purchase a PX-5s and have some questions

Jefsong

Hi everyone. I have been looking at adding the PX-5s to my rig and was wondering if a few functions were possible.

1. Is it possible to send a program change to an external module by selecting a stage setting patch? (This is very important for me)

2. I want to trigger a particular midi/zone fron an external keyboard. For example I have a Hammond SK2. I want to use the bottom manual to play a sound from the PX-5s while the actual PX-5s' keyboard is playing something different. I do this now with my Yamaha S90ES.

3. I see that the PX-5s has an instrument input. Does that input share any of the onboard effects? If so, does it have a way to route it's own effects? On my S90ES I have dedicated effects for the audio input. It would be nice if this worked similarly.

4. On the S90ES there is a brass patch called sForzando. It has a great cresendo swell. Is it possible to adjust a brass patch on the PX-5s to recreate this effect?

Thank you. I really appreciate any feedback on this.

1. Yes.

2. I think so.

3. I can't recall how the Line In works with effects, or if it does.

4. The PX-5S is *very* programmable, so probably. Check out some of the existing sounds on here and see if anything is close to that. Also, you might want to record the sForzando patch doing what you're looking for, and surely one of our programming experts can help you and maybe even match it for you.

• Like 1

Beat me to it Joe.  :D

I'll expand the answer for question 3.   In short NO.   DSP and SYSTEM effects cannot be used with audio or line in.  Audio and line in do, however, run thru the master effects, EQ and compressor.

Question 4.  Yes please give us an audio demo of the sound.  The synth section on the PX-5s can make most anything happen. 

• Like 1

There are 20 DSP "insert" effects that are fully tweakable.  Up to 4 inserts can be run simultaneously (one on each zone).  They are assigned to a tone during tone editing.  Plus there's system reverb and chorus.  Zone's have send and return levels to those.   And then master eq and compressor is the final stage of effects.  

The effects and what can be tweaked on them are outlined here starting at the bottom of this pdf page with equalizer.   

http://support.casio.com/pdf/008/Web_PX5S-E-2A.pdf#page=20