Video Files on Forum ×

don't touch any knob or slider

tim136
Go to solution Solved by Mike Martin,

Please help a frustrated new owner of PX-5S. I am using stage setting 7-7 Polysynth. If I turn knob 4 which is release in this case, I cannot get the sound back to where i started and the sound becomes unusable.The only solution is to hit stage setting 7-7 to reset. I have found this with many other stage settings when turning knobs or moving sliders.The same happens with slider 1 in stage setting 0-0. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks Scott.That helps for a quick reset. What i dont understand is why the knobs and sliders seem to jump out of the range of the initial setting when moved and dont seem to go back when placed in center position.I went in and disabled knob 4 in my previous stage setting 7-7 example. i guess i need to get more familiar with setting range of knobs manually.

Thanks Scott.That helps for a quick reset. What i dont understand is why the knobs and sliders seem to jump out of the range of the initial setting when moved and dont seem to go back when placed in center position.I went in and disabled knob 4 in my previous stage setting 7-7 example. i guess i need to get more familiar with setting range of knobs manually.

The center position is not always the original start point for a parameter. One idea for a future model: Have the knobs and sliders "clickable".. so when you press down on it you can press it like a button to reset each knob/slider.

• Like 1

• Solution

With the exception of effects depth settings (Reverb, chorus delay) and volume/expression levels, the sliders and knobs are often "offsets" from the original parameter.   In the case of the original Concert Grand 0-0 Stage Setting, the "template" that was used for the knob and sliders may not be the most useful for playing piano but was done this way so this Stage Setting would allow you to easily use it to preview other tones while still providing some control.  The beautify of the PX-5S is you can change everything to fit your needs.  You may not use Slider 1 for Cutoff on Piano, so change it to something else - make it an on off switch for Zone 2 and put the new string tones there.

In the case of Stage Setting 7-7 PolySynth, there is a point where the release time goes "too far" and release almost seems infinite although it is not.  It is just very, very slow.  The simple solution to this is go to the Common page of the Stage Setting and set the maximum value for knob 4.   A value of around 120 may all you need.  Again, you can change it to fit your musical needs.

• Like 1