Has anyone painted the white plastic end of their px-5s to match the black corner?

Longhorngary

I'm really trying to setup more of a home console piano.  I can get a really good price on a px-5s but like the looks of the px-350 better.  I've found that the home console for the 350 will work for the 5s but since one corner is black and the other white,  neither of the cs-67p console colors really work.  It looks like the white front plastic corner is it's own piece.  I was curious is the part is easily removed as I thought of painting it matte black while leaving the rest of the white sections untouched.

Here is a couple of the pictures of another poster's setup with the same stand.  I would do the same and connect computer 2.1 speakers and a bench.  Painting the white corner would blend the bench much better.

110625302_lg.jpg

There is a post on the Music Player Network that might give you some ideas, with great photos/disassembly procedures. Unfortunately he customized a PX350 but there are ome similarities in the bodies of the 2 instruments and his painting and masking techniques are pretty helpful. I don't know of any posts on the web to customize the PX5s but there may be.

http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2546470/Re_And_so_it_begins_Paint_proj

Unfortunately he customized a PX350 but there are ome similarities in the bodies of the 2 instruments and his painting and masking techniques are pretty helpful. 

You need to get out more, JM. Dave (EscapeRocks) got a PX-5S a little after that and also custom painted it (red this time).  :)  

On both Privias he used Krylon spray paint for plastic. The trick is work very slowly and do several light coats at a long spray distance to avoid drips and runs. You need to mask well and you will get a lot of over spray, but you are only painting a small area so it's no big whoop.

2dv74w6.jpg