Video Files on Forum ×

MASTER effects are driving me crazy!!!!!

aron

Can I have some help with the Master effects?

I have sys settings->general->stage set filter to ON for BOTH effects.

AFAIK, this should make it so both effects settings never change for any stage settings loaded.

Can someone please verify this?

Because my master EQ is changing - not all the time, just sometime - is it when a new stage setting is loaded from USB? In any case it is driving me nuts.

I can't rely on the EQ being correct -  I have to constantly check.

I tested your theory.  When a stage setting is loaded from USB, the displayed EQ settings are not correct.  It sounds like my EQ tweaks are still there but the display reads a reset EQ.  This is the first time anyone has mentioned this. It's probably just a glitch that's been there.  I'm sure it would've been corrected in firmware if anyone knew about it.  As far as all of the stage settings already in the keyboard, my EQ display never changes when the stage setting filter is on. It works as expected.    

Thanks Brad. I kind of gave up and set the stage set filter to OFF for both. At least this way it is always consistent I think. The problem is that I lose a global EQ for the entire board but I guess I don't have to use the DSP for EQ now.

Can you give me a reason why you'd want the Filter ON for the EQ?  With the EQ Filter Off, the Master EQ would change for each Stage Setting, thus eliminating your issue.  As far as why it changes when you load something in from USB, the Filter (when On) needs to know a starting point and it is simply choosing the last Stage Setting loaded into memory. 

Because you want a global EQ for matching when you play places. This is similar to the master EQ of the Kronos etc...

I would assume that's why the feature is there. Not only that, it's very confusing when there are 2 master effects and one loads with the stage settings and the other doesn't.